Sunday 3 January 2016

DRINK MORE LEMONADE


So it's 2016. A new year once more.

Where did the last one go?!

I have spent the last three weeks in a semi-food-comatosed state, blissfully unaware of and totally ignoring the reality of life. Unfortunately tomorrow is the first Monday of the new year and thus brings with it the harsh awakening that I have been so avoiding.

Having trawled my way through both the Telegraph and Times newspapers this weekend, I have no idea which vegan/paleo/veggie/*insert other food fad here* diet to follow, nor which bizarre new exercise regime I should undertake.

And so I feel like I may just ignore them all.

That is not to say that I am going to neglect the diet/exercise trend entirely. That would be foolish considering the whale-like state I'm currently in.

But having glanced at the newspaper front pages in the Co-op, it feels a teensy bit like people are completely and utterly obsessed with the change you must undertake in your own life come January.

I'm all for great resolutions, most of which I never stick to, but come on. I don't need to read five different magazines and find five different ways of improving/detoxing/self-helping my life. 

My goals for 2016 look something like this:

1. Get a job. Like a real, proper job that I feel excited about and proud of. Or at least a few interviews
2. Stop eating chocolate after every meal. Seriously, it's getting out of hand
3. Remember to polish my shoes for said potential job interviews. Scruffy boots just aren't really an option
4. Stop stalking other peoples' lives on Instagram. Maybe just live my own
4. Stop giving a f*** about things that don't matter

Oh and try to blog more. But I say that every month don't I?! But seriously, I mean it this time.

Realistically, why don't we just drink more lemonade?

Pic taken in LA, shot on Sony x55



No comments:

Post a Comment