Monday 11 January 2016

NOTICE THE DETAILS


Sometimes, especially when it gets dark at 4pm and you have no plans for the afternoon and your flat mate is out, it's easy to work yourself up into a bit of a state.

Suddenly minor issues are blown massively out of proportion. Problems you didn't even realise you cared about manifest themselves into giant, impossible-to-ignore situations.

Bigger questions like what am I doing with my life?
Do I need to get another job? (I'm currently a part-time student working two jobs at the same time. But this is London!)
Do you think anyone will notice if I wear the same outfit two days in a row?

To the tiny niggling concerns like when did I last wash my hair? Or how off really is that veg? 

But then I remember to breathe. I put the kettle on, wrap myself up in a rug, have a scroll through Instagram (and maybe a biscuit) and I'm back in the room.

Because guys, realise that you don't need to sweat the small stuff. Or even really the big stuff. 
Not on a cold, dark and rainy Monday evening anyway.

Just notice the details and be grateful for them.

Pic iPhone6

No comments:

Post a Comment