Thursday 16 June 2016

INTOXICATING EXPLORATION



The internet is like a black hole of never-ending crap, if we're being honest.
Many an hour has slipped by whilst trawling websites that tell me what I should be eating/drinking/sleeping in.

And god are they boring old articles. Really, they tell you nothing.

But every now and again I stumble across something or someone truly amazing. Someone that makes me want to stop wasting my life on the internet and get out there.

And Rebecca Rütten is one of those amazing people.

Her travels, her journals and her photographs are pretty much the definition of wanderlust (although that word is massively over-used, it's appropriate in this case).

From road-tripping her way through California, to exploring Eastern Europe to hanging out in Brooklyn, Rütten manages to capture the essence of the people and the place so perfectly that it makes you just want to climb into your screen to go hang out with them.

Oh and she also wrote a beautiful book "Never - Never Land" about the romance and reality of backpacking.

So I'm now thinking, fuck it. If I can't get a job any time soon, I may just pack up my shit in a rucksack and head off into the unknown.

'Cos that would be pretty darn incredible.

So thanks Rebecca for giving me a bit of motivation on this grey Thursday morning.

Rebecca is currently in Melbourne so if there are any cool cats out there who fancy a collaboration, hit her up

More of the amazing-ness after the jump.














All pics from RebeccaRütten

No comments:

Post a Comment